This is a work in progress. Please be aware that there may be errors or incorrect translations, including spelling or transcription errors.
If you'd like to become a wiki editor and participate in the project, please send an email to Suzy, and include your desired user name in the email. You can also send suggestions for corrections, new words to be added, or compliments too!
Seybold brand standing press. Image from page 111 of "Bookbinding and its auxiliary branches" (1914) by John J Pleger. Via Flickr Commons. No known copyright restrictions. https://flic.kr/p/oub8Ly
lying press, backing press
Translations for "standing press"
- Danish: (translation needed)
- Dutch: (translation needed)
- Latin: (translation needed)
- Spanish: (translation needed)
- Swedish: (translation needed)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Kuhn, Hilde. Wörterbuch Der Handbuchbinderei Und Der Restaurierung: Von Einbänden, Papyri, Handschriften, Graphiken, Autographen, Urkunden Und Globen in Deutscher, Englischer, Französischer Und Italienischer Sprache. Stuttgart: Hettler, 1969. Print.