This is a work in progress. Please be aware that there may be errors or incorrect translations, including spelling or transcription errors.
If you'd like to become a wiki editor and participate in the project, please send an email to Suzy, and include your desired user name in the email. You can also send suggestions for corrections, new words to be added, or compliments too!
Round (third-person singular simple present Rounds, present participle Rounding, simple past and past participle Rounded)
- "The process of molding the spine of a text block into an arc of approximately one-third of a circle, which in the process produces the characteristic concave fore edge of the book. Rounding takes place after the spine has been given a light coat of adhesive, and is accomplished by means of light hammering along the spine with a round-headed hammer." 
"Correctly Rounded Book" from Pleger, John J. Bookbinding and Its Auxiliary Branches (in Four Parts): Part Three.
Chicago: The Inland Printer Company, 1914. Online resources
Rounding and backing machine, Backing, Backing hammer, forwarding
Translations for "rounding"
- Danish: (translation needed)
- Dutch: (translation needed)
- Italian: (translation needed)
- Latin: (translation needed)
- Spanish: (translation needed)
- Swedish: (translation needed)
- ↑ Roberts, Don., et al. Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books : a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Library of Congress : For Sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1982.