This is a work in progress. Please be aware that there may be errors or incorrect translations, including spelling or transcription errors.
If you'd like to become a wiki editor and participate in the project, please send an email to Suzy, and include your desired user name in the email. You can also send suggestions for corrections, new words to be added, or compliments too!
19th century publisher's binding. Photograph by Suzy Morgan.
Publisher's binding (plural Publisher's bindings)
- "Bindings in identical covers, produced in quantity."
- Synonym: edition binding
- "The business of binding identical books in quantity, usually for a publisher or distributor, as opposed to binding done for an individual and library binding. Edition binding usually involves the production of a type of binding known as case binding, generally in hard covers."
- ↑ Greenfield, Jane. ABC of bookbinding : a unique glossary with over 700 illustrations for collectors & librarians. New Castle, DE : Oak Knoll Press ; New York, NY : Lyons Press, 1998. OCLC Number: 37935225.
- ↑ Roberts, Don., et al. Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books : a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Library of Congress : For Sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1982.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Macchi, Federico, Livio Macchi, Milena Alessi, Michel Wittock, and Piccarda Quilici. Dizionario Illustrato Della Legatura. Milano: S. Bonnard, 2002. Print.
- ↑ Crespo Nogueira, Carmen, ed. ICA Handbooks Series : Glossary of Basic Archival and Library Conservation Terms : English with Equivalents in Spanish, German, Italian, French and Russian. Munchen, DEU: K. G. Saur, 2010. ProQuest ebrary. Web. http://site.ebrary.com.ezproxy1.lib.asu.edu/lib/asulib/detail.action?docID=10591270