Guillotine cutter

From Multilingual Bookbinding Dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

This is a work in progress. Please be aware that there may be errors or incorrect translations, including spelling or transcription errors.

If you'd like to become a wiki editor and participate in the project, please send an email to Suzy, and include your desired user name in the email. You can also send suggestions for corrections, new words to be added, or compliments too!

Image from page 70 of "Printing and bookbinding for schools" (1914) by Samuel Jesse Vaughn. Via Flickr Commons. No known copyright restrictions.



"A machine used for cutting large numbers of sheets of paper and board, and also in library binding for trimming the edges of books. The typical guillotine, which is designed to cut comparatively large edge lengths, is a single-knife cutter, in which a heavy blade descends between vertical runners." [1]



Related terms

Translations for "guillotine cutter"


  1. Roberts, Matt T. and Don Etherington. "Guillotine". Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books, A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Conservation Online, 1994. Web. 30 October 2017.
  2. 2.0 2.1 2.2 Kuhn, Hilde. Wörterbuch Der Handbuchbinderei Und Der Restaurierung: Von Einbänden, Papyri, Handschriften, Graphiken, Autographen, Urkunden Und Globen in Deutscher, Englischer, Französischer Und Italienischer Sprache. Stuttgart: Hettler, 1969. Print.
  3. 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Crespo Nogueira, Carmen, ed. ICA Handbooks Series : Glossary of Basic Archival and Library Conservation Terms : English with Equivalents in Spanish, German, Italian, French and Russian. Munchen, DEU: K. G. Saur, 2010. ProQuest ebrary. Web.
  4. Langwe, Monica. 'Papper Och Stygn'. Stockholm: Hemslöjdens Förlag, 2016. Print.