Accordion fold

From Multilingual Bookbinding Dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

This is a work in progress. Please be aware that there may be errors or incorrect translations, including spelling or transcription errors.

If you'd like to become a wiki editor and participate in the project, please send an email to Suzy, and include your desired user name in the email. You can also send suggestions for corrections, new words to be added, or compliments too!



"A method of folding a sheet of paper, first to the right and then to the left, so that the sheet opens and closes in the manner of a concertina."[1]


concertina fold

Related terms

Zig-zag fold, Zig-zag endpaper, concertina guard

Translations for "accordion fold"

  • Danish: (translation needed)
  • Dutch: (translation needed)
  • Latin: (translation needed)


  1. Roberts, Don., et al. Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books : a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Library of Congress : For Sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1982.
  2. Smith, Shelagh and Hélène Francoeur. "Translation of Book Arts Terms, from English to French". Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild.
  3. Sidoti, Alessandro. Personal correspondence. 11 September 2014.