Spine lining fabric
"The fabric used to line the spine of a book. It is generally made of cotton, napped on the side which goes against the spine, and of a weight that will help support the spine while not decreasing its flexibility."
crash (a much thinner open-weave cloth, not preferred for hand or library binding), super (American term), mull (British term)
- Dutch: (translation needed)
- French: mousseline
- German: Gaze
- Italian: (translation needed)
- Latin: (translation needed)
- Spanish: (translation needed)
- Russian: марля
- Roberts, Matt T. and Don Etherington. "Spine lining fabric". Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books, A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Conservation Online, 1994. Web. 29 March 2016.
- Nielsen, Torben. Vocabularium bibliothecarii nordicum. København, Bibliotekscentralen, 1968.