"A thin length of wood, bone (bone folder), ivory, or other material, approximately 6 to 12 inches long, and about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide, and approximately 1/8 inch thick. It is tapered to rounded edges, has rounded ends, and is used in folding sheets by hand and cutting bolts, and also in numerous other binding operations."
- Danish: (translation needed)
- Dutch: (translation needed)
- Latin: (translation needed)
- Swedish: Falsben
- Language of Bindings Thesaurus. Contains information from Language of Bindings Thesaurus which is made available under the ODC Attribution License.
- Smith, Shelagh and Hélène Francoeur. Translation of Book Arts Terms, from English to French. Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild, n.d. WEB.
- Crespo Nogueira, Carmen, ed. ICA Handbooks Series : Glossary of Basic Archival and Library Conservation Terms : English with Equivalents in Spanish, German, Italian, French and Russian. Munchen, DEU: K. G. Saur, 2010. ProQuest ebrary. Web. http://site.ebrary.com.ezproxy1.lib.asu.edu/lib/asulib/detail.action?docID=10591270