Board (plural Boards)
- "A generic term for a stiff and thick "paper." The distinction between board and paper is somewhat vague; however, in general, board is heavier in basis weight, thicker, and stiffer than paper."
- "A generic term for the pieces of wood, metal, or metal-edged wood used to assist in gripping books while in process of being bound. Such boards are used in pressing, backing, bundling, gilding, trimming, and other operations."
Stiff and thick paper
- Chinese please add this translation if you can
- Danish: please add this translation if you can
- Dutch: bord (nl)
- French: carton (fr)
- German: Pappe (de)
- Italian: piatto (it)
- Japanese: please add this translation if you can
- Korean: please add this translation if you can
- Latin: please add this translation if you can
- Norwegian: please add this translation if you can
- Russian: картон (ru) (karton)
- Spanish:carton (es)
- Swedish: Papp (sv)("millboard, cardboard")
- Roberts, Don., et al. Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books : a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Library of Congress : For Sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1982.
- Macchi, Federico, Livio Macchi, Milena Alessi, Michel Wittock, and Piccarda Quilici. Dizionario Illustrato Della Legatura. Milano: S. Bonnard, 2002. Print.
- Langwe, Monica. 'Papper Och Stygn'. Stockholm: Hemslöjdens Förlag, 2016. Print.