"A piece of metal, without a handle, bearing an engraved or etched design and used in decorating the covers of a book. It is intended to be used in a press." 
- Danish: (translation needed)
- Dutch: cliché
- German: Klischee
- Latin: (translation needed)
- Swedish: (translation needed)
- Roberts, Don., et al. Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books : a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Library of Congress : For Sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1982.
- Macchi, Federico, Livio Macchi, Milena Alessi, Michel Wittock, and Piccarda Quilici. Dizionario Illustrato Della Legatura. Milano: S. Bonnard, 2002. Print.