This is a work in progress. Please be aware that there may be errors or incorrect translations, including spelling or transcription errors.
If you'd like to become a wiki editor and participate in the project, please send an email to Suzy, and include your desired user name in the email. You can also send suggestions for corrections, new words to be added, or compliments too!
All along (sewing) (not comparable)
- A method of sewing a book, usually by hand and generally on cords or tapes. The thread goes "all along," inside the fold of the section—that is, from kettle stitch to kettle stitch of each successive section, one complete length of thread for each section.
- ↑ Roberts, Don., et al. Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books : a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Library of Congress : For Sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1982.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Gnirrep, W.K., J.P. Gumbert and J.A. Szirmai. Kneep en binding. Koninklijke Bibliotheek, 1992.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Crespo Nogueira, Carmen, ed. ICA Handbooks Series : Glossary of Basic Archival and Library Conservation Terms : English with Equivalents in Spanish, German, Italian, French and Russian. Munchen, DEU: K. G. Saur, 2010. ProQuest ebrary. Web. http://site.ebrary.com.ezproxy1.lib.asu.edu/lib/asulib/detail.action?docID=10591270
- ↑ Sidoti, Alessandro. Personal correspondence. 11 September 2014.