Against the grain
From Multilingual Bookbinding and Conservation Dictionary
Revision as of 16:03, 3 December 2015 by Adminsuzy
"Paper which has been folded at right angles to the direction in which the fibers tend to lie...The term applies specifically to machine-made paper, as handmade paper has no definite grain direction."
Translations for "against the grain"
- Danish: (translation needed)
- Dutch: (translation needed)
- German: (translation needed)
- Latin: (translation needed)
- Spanish: (translation needed)
- Swedish: (translation needed)
- Roberts, Matt T. and Don Etherington. "Against the grain". Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books, A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Conservation Online, 1994. Web. December 3 2015.
- Sidoti, Alessandro. Personal correspondence. 11 September 2014.