This is a work in progress. Please be aware that there may be errors or incorrect translations, including spelling or transcription errors.
If you'd like to become a wiki editor and participate in the project, please send an email to Suzy, and include your desired user name in the email. You can also send suggestions for corrections, new words to be added, or compliments too!
Book of Hours, Use of Carmel, f.66v (157 x 110 mm), ca.1511, Alexander Turnbull Library, MSR-11. Three-quarter borders introduce each of the Hours of the Virgin from Prime to Vespers. This page introduces Vespers. The borders are of conventional early sixteenth-century floral acanthus design. Image via Flickr Commons. No known copyright restrictions. https://flic.kr/p/9qHW4F
Translations for "acanthus"
- Danish: (translation needed)}
- Dutch: (translation needed)
- Latin: (translation needed)
- Swedish: (translation needed)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Kuhn, Hilde. Wörterbuch Der Handbuchbinderei Und Der Restaurierung: Von Einbänden, Papyri, Handschriften, Graphiken, Autographen, Urkunden Und Globen in Deutscher, Englischer, Französischer Und Italienischer Sprache. Stuttgart: Hettler, 1969. Print.