This is a work in progress. Please be aware that there may be errors or incorrect translations, including spelling or transcription errors.
If you'd like to become a wiki editor and participate in the project, please send an email to Suzy, and include your desired user name in the email. You can also send suggestions for corrections, new words to be added, or compliments too!
Limp binding (plural Limp bindings)
- "A book which does not have stiff boards but instead has flexible cloth, leather, vellum, or paper sides, which may or may not be lined."
- Synonym: flexible binding
- ↑ Roberts, Don., et al. Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books : a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Library of Congress : For Sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1982.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Macchi, Federico, Livio Macchi, Milena Alessi, Michel Wittock, and Piccarda Quilici. Dizionario Illustrato Della Legatura. Milano: S. Bonnard, 2002. Print.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Cloonan, Michèle V. Early Bindings in Paper: A Brief History of European Hand-Made Paper-Covered Books with a Multilingual Glossary. London: Mansell, 1991. Print.