Folder (plural Folders)
- "A thin length of wood, bone (bone folder), ivory, or other material, approximately 6 to 12 inches long, and about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide, and approximately 1/8 inch thick. It is tapered to rounded edges, has rounded ends, and is used in folding sheets by hand and cutting bolts, and also in numerous other binding operations."
- Synonym: bone folder
- Danish: please add this translation if you can
- Dutch: please add this translation if you can
- French: lissette (fr), plioir (fr)plior (fr)
- German: Falzbein (de)
- Italian: stecca d'osso (it)
- Japanese please add this translation if you can
- Korean: please add this translation if you can
- Norwegian: please add this translation if you can
- Russian: Косточка (ru) (Kostočka)
- Spanish: plegadera de hueso (es)
- Swedish: Falsben (sv)
- Language of Bindings Thesaurus. Contains information from Language of Bindings Thesaurus which is made available under the ODC Attribution License.
- Smith, Shelagh and Hélène Francoeur. Translation of Book Arts Terms, from English to French. Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild, n.d. Web.
- Crespo Nogueira, Carmen, ed. ICA Handbooks Series : Glossary of Basic Archival and Library Conservation Terms : English with Equivalents in Spanish, German, Italian, French and Russian. Munchen, DEU: K. G. Saur, 2010. ProQuest ebrary. Web. http://site.ebrary.com.ezproxy1.lib.asu.edu/lib/asulib/detail.action?docID=10591270
- Langwe, Monica. 'Papper Och Stygn'. Stockholm: Hemslöjdens Förlag, 2016. Print.