Cord (plural Cords)
- "The cotton, hemp, linen. or silk cords or bands, of varying thicknesses, which extend across the backs of the gathered sections and are used in sewing books through the folds."
- Danish: please add this translation if you can
- Dutch: please add this translation if you can
- French: (translation needed)
- German: (translation needed)
- Italian: spago (it)
- Latin: corda (la) 
- Spanish: (translation needed)
- Swedish: (translation needed)
- Roberts, Don., et al. Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books : a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology. Library of Congress : For Sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1982.
- Macchi, Federico, Livio Macchi, Milena Alessi, Michel Wittock, and Piccarda Quilici. Dizionario Illustrato Della Legatura. Milano: S. Bonnard, 2002. Print.